Privileges & Duration:
|No. of Books | Issue Period|
|Faculty||10 90 days|
|Officers|| 6 21 days
|Ph. D.||6 21 days|
|U.G./P.G.||4 21 days|
|Non Teaching Staff||2 21 days|
||2 90 days|
Library Fine Policy:
No. of Days Overdue
Fine (In Rs.)
|01 - 07 days
||1.00 / day
|08 - 21 days
||5.00 / day
|22nd days onward||10.00 / day
- Payment of Dues: Through UPI/Net Banking/Credit/Debit card/Salaries, etc. in a specified bank account.
- Waive -off: Director will be the competent authority to waive off the overdue charges. However, the library may waive off unpaid charges accumulated due to any technical glitch/non-functioning of ILMS/sudden closure of the Library, etc.
- Maximum fine: Maximum fine per book will be Rs. 1000 or equal to the current cost of the overdue book, whichever is higher.
- Block of members: The Library may block members if they cross a specific limit of overdue charges/overdue books.
Replacement of Book
- If the user loses/damages a book, they have to return the exact/latest edition to the BPCL with admissible overdue charges and processing fee. The maximum overdue charges will be Rs. 1000/- for books costing more than Rs. 1000/-.
- A Xerox or photocopy of a book shall not be acceptable in lieu of a printed book.
- A paperback or low priced edition will not be accepted in lieu of a hard cover edition.
- If the user loses one volume of a multi-volume set and is unable to replace the lost volume, he/she has to pay the cost of the entire set of volume with admissible fines and processing fee.
- In case out of print books, minimum of Rs. 1000/- or the publishers price/from renowned website like Amazon etc. whichever is higher plus fine and processing fee. In case of foreign books, the price paid will be calculated in foreign currency and converted to Indian rupees at current rate of conversion.
- If the user chooses to replace the book by a second hand copy, the library may accept it or at the discretion of the HOD library considering the book's condition.
- In case of obsolete or otherwise difficult-to-convert currencies, US $ will be taken as standard.
- The processing fee will be 20% of purchase prices of the book (in foreign currency, if applicable) or Rs.100/- whichever is higher.
- In case of loss of rare/valuable books director may impose more fines/disciplinary action in conjunction with above rules with the recommendation of the HOD, BPCL.